This is the one bottle from TJMaxx that started the whole thing:
The first order of business was removing this old stump. An innocent looking little shrub turned into a ginormous cedar tree that was too close to the house.
The old bench was brought around from the back yard.
An old cedar fence post will be the bottle tree. This stash was here when we bought the house.
I love all the old rusty nails in the post.
See my pallet in the background? It was a hard sell convincing Rusty that it looked like a fence, but he placed it in front of the air conditioner for me. I added an old birdhouse that was hanging in one of the cedars when we bought the house. It was so well hidden that I had forgotten about it.
A concrete pot with ivy to climb the bottle tree. The pot was a yard sale find several years ago. I need another pallet cut in half to make a little half fence to hide the area behind the bottle tree pole.
These old, rusty metal circles were used as stepping stones by Aunt Nida and Uncle Curt when they lived in the house. Rusty unearthed them when he was working on the pathway to our storage building.
A rusty metal weenie dog was added to the sitting area.
Clay, my artist grandson, and I planted this wheelbarrow last year. I was surprised that the flowers came back this year. We moved the entire little garden spot to a more shaded area.
The mostly finished makeover. I just need something behind the bench now. And some bottles for the bottle tree.
We rewarded ourselves for all the hard work with a trip to the farmer's market in Columbia. We stocked up on some veggies, a loaf of artisan bread and handmade soap. Of course, I made a couple of stops looking for bottles, but came up empty handed.
When we got home, I went out and sat on the bench with camera in hand. Our hummers seem to ignore us so I was hoping for some shots of them. I managed one, but got so excited that I did not get a good focus.
I love the golden hour for photography.
Monday morning update:
My first bottle on the bottle tree:
I will be linking to:


















4 comments:
There is a brand of bottled water that comes in bottles like this -- some people save these bottles for a bottle tree, if this helps any. Your garden area is so pretty!
Looking good but tell me......... a bottle tree ..... what for????? LOL LOL LOL
Hi Rosie, This area of your garden is looking great. Wonderful idea for hiding the air conditioner and the bottle tree idea is very cute and creative. Thanks for joining my party this week.
xo,
Sherry
The sun will be gorgeous coming through that blue bottle... and all the ones you add to the tree.
Dropping by from Met Monday. I hope you'll come see the safari nursery.
Allison
Atticmag
Post a Comment