Friday, June 24, 2011

Found in Our Own Yard

I posted recently about our yard make-over. I think Rusty really got the into this cleaning up the yard thing. He cleaned up the old wood pile and cut back the low hanging branches on the fence line. We love to look at the old cedar post fence and rusty barbed wire.

From this:

to this:

Of course, I loved the hanging cedar, but now we have a much better view of the side pasture.

While cleaning up the wood pile, he discovered this roll of barbed wire. Be still my heart. Look at that rusty, rustic goodness.


Perfect here with the old wheel barrow planter.


And in honor of the upcoming holiday, I took these shots of our flag blowing in the breeze this morning. It never fails to give me goose bumps.



I am looking forward to some down-time and maybe some camping over the 4th of July holiday.

Linking to

Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialI will be linking to:

8 comments:

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

looks good Rosie, I have to take a photo of my barbwire wreath and show you :)

Mimi said...

Oh - I love your rusty barbwire find! It looks great by your wheelbarrow. Isn't it wonderful to find special treasures when you least expect it? So glad you shared at Debbie Doos!

Debbiedoos said...

Camping sounds fun...as long as there is a nice bed,shower, vino and some smores. Thanks for joining my newbie party.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your wood pile makeover looks great. How cool to find barbwire.

dee

Melissa said...

Country properties are forever delivering surprises aren't they? Great photos.

outjunking said...

Love your flag shot. Over at Debbie's party I saw your rusty wire and had to come check it out.
Lisa

Doreen Grace said...

I was wondering where you were going with that rusty wire. Great way to put it to use. Thanks for sharing. :)

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

What a great find! My family has learned not to throw anything away because I will want it! I would love if you would link up tomorrow to "It's a Party"!
www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com