I have used twine with plain brown paper for gift wrap but never used it in decorating. After seeing Kaitlin's 5 part series "Twine Not?" on her Not So Simple Housewife blog, I decided to "twine too". I had some wine bottles I had purchased from a yard sale several months ago. They got a twine treatment along with a peanut butter jar for the flatware. I am going to add some clay tags to these.
Salsa jars make great pencil holders; the empty one is where I store my little point and shoot camera.
I had a toilet paper holder with space for extra rolls that I had given up on since the tp would fall out of the sides. Some twine, oiled rubbed bronze paint and it is good to go. I also wrapped the handle.
I couldn't leave my home away from home out of the twine fun. The table lamp in the camper with a plain white shade got some twine treatment and my pitiful attempt at clay tags. I made it while we were camping and did not have anything to cut out the clay, so it is just hand formed. There is a JoAnn Fabrics close to the campground, so I did get a stencil for the number.
I am loving the twine projects. It is so easy; grab some twine and a glue gun. I have some candles and votive holders that are next on my list.




2 comments:
This looks so cool. I totally like the bottle´s and jars with the twine, have to try that out since I always have some twine LOL
I love the twine on the bottles.
Dee
Post a Comment