Thursday, June 16, 2011

Table Rescue

This poor little table has been on my daughter's porch for a long time and it showed it's wear. It had a poorly applied coat of white paint and was badly chipped and stained.




I needed a small half-round table to put in a small space for phone chargers and other things dropped at the front door. This little table fit the bill even though it is only 21 1/2 inches tall.

I painted to with the left-over paint from my kitchen, even the top. When I sanded it to even out the paint, I decided to just take all the paint off the top and see what the wood looked like. I am so glad I did. The wood was really nice and I stained it with Dark Walnut; then put one coat of the blue Behr Ultra and distressed the legs and bottom shelf.




I did not glaze the legs since I liked the old white paint showing through.


Linking to Debbiedoo's Blog Party


Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

This shows that even HALF of something can be better than a WHOLE of something- the shape and function to this table is wonderful--I could picture it in my own hall way....err...sorry, that's your baby!

Nice job, serious!

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Rosie my friend you are amazing, this looks so goooooood after you worked on it. Love it :)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

WOW what a pretty transformation! Martina

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Great little table! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!!

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

The table is simply adorable! Ive a small half table in the dining room for just such things aswell. I havent painted it yet , however i did mosaic the top..........visiting from the block party at Debbiedoos, ur latest follower #31.....Bonnie

Katie said...

I liked the chippy white paint look, but I LOVE the new look!! You did a great job! The stained top and blue look great together! I love these style tables too! So cute!

Tauja @ Simply Mod Mom said...

Wow-looks great! I love the color choice-the wood top looks rich & the blue legs are nice & summery! Great choices!!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

WOW! I love the difference.

Dee
Your new follower

Jill said...

love it! Nice job!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Sooo cute~ love it!!