Sunday, May 29, 2011

This Week's Make-Overs

The little lamp on my desk was in desperate need of sprucing up. The fru fru shade was a left over from our previous house and was in my granddaughter's room.


I found the little black shade at TJMaxx and painted the lamp with Old White chalk paint, but it still needed something.


A quick trip to Wal*Mart and the addition of some sparkly fringe, it looks so much better.



I found this blue shelf at a yard sale recently. The cameras sort of got lost on the dark shelf. Plus my desk is black and the entire corner was looking too dark.


Painted with Old White chalk paint, waxed and distressed.


I love my little corner of the world now. Notice my little salsa jars that I have put twine on; one holds pens and the other markers. I have since added a third one to hold my point and shoot camera. I have been on a twine tear this week but that is a whole other post.

Do you love my Betsy Cameron print? Rusty bought it for me about 20 years ago and it is one of my favorite things.

Linking to:

Boogieboard Cottage

9 comments:

Scribbler said...

Love it! Please tell me where I can get some of this chalk paint I keep reading about. I am set to start doing a bunch painting this week. I think I would like that chalky finish on my vintage sofa frame.

Debbiedoos said...

That is fabulous! I love your collection of cameras too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Helen's Decor said...

Hi Rosie, I love your lamp and shelf makeovers. I'm a new follower and hope you will visit my blog, too. Thanks for sharing.
Helen of Helen's Decor

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I'm a new follower and I'm from South Carolina, too! Love what you did with your lamp and your shelf.

Unknown said...

Hi Rosie~

I just love your blog header, the family photos are so fun {our dogs are like family too}. The sparkly fringe is the perfect addition to your darling lamp. Happy to be a new follower of your charming blog & I invite you to link to my K.I.S.S. Blog Bash. :)

~Christina~

Drop By The Tattered Tag

abeachcottage said...

You did a great job with your lamp make-over. Your little corner is lovely, great collection of cameras :)

Junky Vagabond said...

Love the paint makeovers, but really loving the twine jars! Genius way to cover up the screw tops :)

Jill @ Junky Vagabond

Linda said...

Love your camera collection! Your lamp and shelf makeover look great . New follower, hope you will follow back.

fran said...

Love the shelf re-do. Great job. Also love the camera collection. Thanks for visiting my blog.