Thursday, May 19, 2011

Old Window Up-cycle

When we remodeled this old farmhouse, we put the windows we replaced in the barn. Now I am so glad we saved them. I saw Pam at Our Adventure's in Home Improvement post about an old window and took off out to the barn. I was so happy to find some of those old windows. I also found some brushed stainless steel house numbers that I never put on our door. I sprayed them with some oil rubbed bronze paint and put them on the wide side of the window. I attached the wreath with screw eyes and zip ties.



It was nice to have a project that did not require much painting for a change; just the house numbers.







Here it is all dressed up for spring and summer.



2 comments:

Kim said...

Sweet blog! I'm here from Deb's blog and I'm your newest follower. Pop over if you get the chance and enter my giveaway.
xoxo,
Kim

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hi! I just found you from Debbie's too. :) Nice to meet you. Such a fun use of the old window and I do love your wreath hanging from it. Such a perfect front porch. I do love NC porches...have many relatives who live there. Stop by and see me sometime.

Donna