Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Camera Bag

I have wanted a new camera bag for ages. My big ole square camera was bulky, uncomfortable to carry and screamed "Look at me. Expensive camera onboard". I looked all over the net and the world of blogs. I finally found a pattern (sort of) and combined it with what I fancied about all the bags I had seen.

I bought a bolt of the checked material last for making some window toppers. It has since recovered a desk chair and covered some pillows for the sofa. I added some red duck fabric for the inside of the bag and some quilt filler for padding. I made the strap extra wide so it would be comfortable on my shoulder.


I have since added a burlap flower to the front flap.

The inside has padded pockets for extra lenses and inside pockets for cell phone and other paraphernalia I seem to insist on carrying around.


I ended up breaking 3 or 4 needles of my little sewing machine so I closed the last seam with fabric glue. Not very professional, but I love it.

No comments: