Thursday, March 15, 2012

Additions to St Paddy's Table

When I photographed my table earlier, I noticed that I had left off glassware. *gasp* I added my Mother's 1940s Fostoria tea glasses and also found some shamrock plants.

So, here is the new and improved table!




I love the shamrock plants I found at Wal*Mart yesterday. These are going in my garden.



My granddaughter and I made cupcakes last night so we put out the individual covered dessert stands. Easy peasy recipe: 1 devils food cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin, about one half cup of chocolate chips. Fill muffin paper half way and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. We used mint/chocolate chips in these. We also pushed Andes Mints into the cupcakes just out of the oven for a melty surprise in the center. Green icing and another Andes Mint finished them off.



Some green bottles from an estate sale:


Love these napkin rings I bought last year from TJMaxx.
 

Tempting goodies scattered on the table.
 

The Queen Bess flatware tied with strips of cloth.
 

4 comments:

Alycia Nichols said...

I didn't see the original post, so I am glad to get in on this one WITH the glasses! :-) It's very, very nice and has so many terrific elements that work beautifully for the St. Patrick's Day spirit! What I like most is that it has a definite air of sophistication about it. Very nice indeed! I never thought about planting shamrocks after St. Patrick's Day is over. Hmmmm...may have to look into that! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love the shamrock plants but the cakestand and cloché with a cupcake catches my eyes more than anything §;-)

Happy TS...
/C

Entertaining Women said...

Missed the first version, so glad that you posted a reprise. The green bottles scored at the estate sale really caught my eye. All those darling grandkids must have had a grand celebration. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Scribbler said...

Sorry I am just now getting to this.

Everything looks so festive! You do such a good job with themed tables. The cupcake recipe sounds most intriguing. I never did find my napkin rings like yours.