Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Table with NEW Flatware

Well, the flatware is not new. It is new to me and is the pattern that my Grandmother had when I was growing up, Queen Bess II. She would clip the little coupons from Betty Crocker products and mail off for the flatware. I was so excited when I saw a lot for sale on eBay. With a little more collecting, I will be able to complete a service for 12.



I started on this Tablescape earlier in the week and granddaughter Avery and I made some red velvet cupcakes. I bought a Wilton cupcake decorating kit , Valentine cupcake liners and a box of frosting mix from Michael's. Unfortunately, I forgot my coupon, so I spent mega bucks, but we had a great time making and decorating the cupcakes. Doesn't it look sweet in the individual dessert dome?



My project this week has been black and white checked wooden hearts. The only ones I found were very thin, but I think they serve the purpose. I got the painting done and decided to edge them in gold. I am not sure, but I think I am in need of therapy because I am painting everything that is not nailed down.




A dish of Valentine candy corn.


and the empty dessert dome after Avery's brother came over.




The wine decanter with a heart from my daughter, Karen.


 I am going to link this to

4 comments:

we three dogs and me said...

Love the black and white checks. I also chuckled at the dogs all in row.lol I love my dogs and we will spend valentines day alone but my husband in my heart.

Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers said...

This is so pretty, Rosie!

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! I love the cupcake dome. My mom had some of that flatware from Betty C. too. I recognized it immediately!

Scribbler said...

I love this! Black and white checks really up the style factor in your Valentine scheme.