Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feed My Sheep

Our Lord admonishes us to feed His sheep. Today I was thinking of those in our community who can't afford the basics of life and those children who are not with their families.

The partners of the Lancaster County Outreach Project support the children in foster care and families in crisis. The project has 4 main projects each year: $10 birthday gift cards for 60+ foster children; sending foster children to camp; back-to-school supplies and Christmas.

In addition to those projects, we have day to day needs that need to be met. The supply closet is in need of those things that most of us take for granted; toothpaste, body wash, shampoo....the list is endless. Food stamps cover only food, but everyone needs toilet paper. Everyone needs soap. Everyone needs to wash their clothes. Please think about these needs as you do your shopping. We hope to put collection boxes out soon, but any donations can be dropped off at the DSS office for the Project.

When I walked into the Harris Teeter at Indian Land today, I saw a buggy full of Valentine stuffed animals and thought of a scared child just removed from their home needing a buddy to hug. I pondered on what to do while I shopped and decided to speak to the store manager. I asked him if he could mark them down more if I bought all of them. He couldn't do that, but what he could do is give me 2 $10 gift certificates to help with the purchase. So here are the little guys who are going to make some child very happy:






1 comment:

Scribbler said...

You are such a good person. This is a sweet story.