I am so excited. I made my first place mats thanks to a tutorial from
Yvonne at StoneGable. I did not have napkin rings for this table, so I folded a piece of the place mat fabric around the napkins.

When I got addicted to doing tablescapes, I promised myself (and my bank account) that I would not buy another set of flatware. I also am using my plain white dinnerware.

My yard sale candle holder doesn't look so lonely now that these animal wine glasses followed me home from TJ Maxx.


You will notice that the table has changed. I found a black table cloth for $1.50; yep, $1.50 at Wal*Mart. Also while I was out shopping the bugs and critters took over my table.



Plates: Pier 1 and TJ Maxx.
Black napkins: Ralph Lauren from TJ Maxx
Black chargers: Ross
Wine glasses: TJ Maxx
Plain goblets: Pier 1
Candle holder: yard sale find
I am linking this to
7 comments:
I'm impressed you made your own placemats! I've been wanting to try that. They look great, and I love your centerpiece!
You are getting good at this, Rosie! I love this table. I didn't get with it in time this week to do a tablescape. Wonderful placemats -- and great idea to make matching napkin rings. I found a remnant the other day at HL, and yesterday I hemmed it. Whenever I figure out what to put with, I'll probably use it for a 'scape. I have been laaaaazy! Oh -- love the winglasses!
I admire you for sticking to your budget. I am not so good at that...at all!!! I salute you for employing creative methods to get the desired look! Excellent job!
This looks so great Rosie :) love the color on your placemats and the spiderweb fabric you used:)
Love the pop of color provided by the placemats against the black tablecloth. Your white plates add just the right amount of crispness. Thank you for sharing your charming design.
Congratulations on making your first place mats! They look fantastic on your table.
Love the table set up! Place mats are quite lovely. What time is dinner? lol
Post a Comment