Sunday, October 24, 2010

Front Door Update

Several weeks ago, someone showed photos of their white front door and remarked that it just blended into the white of the siding on the house. I immediately went outside and took a photo of the front of our house.

That started me thinking and I began the task of choosing a paint color. I wanted blue but didn't want it to clash with the blue of my kitchen when the door is open.

This is with the first coat on the door. The husband and grandson thought it was cool and I should leave it just like that.

Finally finished the door. I am quite pleased with the result and think I will be happy with this color for awhile.

I am linking to

3 comments:

Scribbler said...

Love it! Think how well this is going to work out on the 4th of July with flags!

Signing Out said...

Very pretty. What a difference a little color makes on a front door...it really adds curb appeal!!

we three dogs and me said...

I have a blue door and shutters and everyone uses that to find my house such as the oil man haha. I think it sets you apart from other doors.Hope you visit my blog.