Monday, November 07, 2011

A Post Card Exchange

A wonderful international group of women began in April of 2006 with this post on the Digital Scrapbook Place forums. Now, six years later, some amazing friendships have emerged. The idea of the post card exchange was born and this is how I decided to display my cards. I have cards from Australia, the Sultanate of Oman, South Africa and 7 US states so far. Going to the mail box has been exciting to see what cards arrived that day.

I used the photo like the one in my header of the little farmhouse for my cards which I had printed at Wal*Mart and think they are great.


I rescued this old window from the barn and strung twine back and forth across it. The cards are held on the twine by mini-clothespins. I felt that it was too heavy to hang so I propped it against the wall on the glass topped buffet table.

Joining some parties today:
Boogieboard Cottage

2 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Hi...I read your comment about the rice bags - I wondered where they came from!! Wished there was a more interesting story, than Sam's Club!! I also made some small stockings which I willpost this week, so come back and visit again! Thanks for the info and looking forward to you sharing what you do with yours!

Scribbler said...

What a great story -- I am sure you have enjoyed these friendships. It is amazing how the contacts we make on blogs and through common interests enrich our lives so much, isn't it? I love the way you have displayed them.