Saturday, November 19, 2011

Living Estate Sale and Yard Sale Today

I could not believe that we got out this cold morning. Probably wouldn't have if the yard sale was not on our road and the ad said "primitives" which, of course, drew me in. I did not see much there except one rusty basket and Rusty bought a telescope and these ice trays. The basket is bigger than I would have liked, but it has potential.


I really had a great time at the estate sale where I found a treasure trove of "littles". The Mason jar is from the bicentennial celebration in 1976. The Clabber Girl baking powder is unopened; the price stamped on the bottom of the tin is 61¢. I have a couple of my mother's old measuring spoons and cups; I was lucky to find a complete set of the same spoons still on the ring. An old Pepsi bottle, a Dr Pepper bottle, an ink bottle, small cloche and some colored bottles for my bottle tree round out my finds today.




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Boogieboard Cottage

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the green bottles and the wire basket, great finds to brave the cold for:)

Debbiedoos said...

How cool...what neat bottles you found. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.