Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Crops Are In at the Little Farmhouse

This morning I decided to take a walk to harvest my crop of hummingbird vine seeds and marigold seeds with camera in hand. So many spots in our yard are my favorites to photograph.

This really big cedar tree in the side yard just glows in the early morning light. The berries look like silver-blue ornaments.


These are two of my favorite places in the yard. I have always wondered what the concrete piece is doing in the tree. I love the barbed wire too.



This stack of weathered cedar posts are a favorite. I wonder how long they have been here.



Leaving the gate by the front drive, I look down the drive way at the little white farmhouse. So many areas need my attention today; things need to be put away for the winter months.


We have a lot of hummingbird vines this year. They are beginning to die out and I harvested some seeds for next year while I was out there today. Some of the marigolds are still blooming, but some are already drying out and going to seed. I harvested some of those seeds too.


The little garden gnome hiding in the marigolds needs to be scrubbed down and stored for the winter. My grandson, Clay, chose him when we planted these marigolds last year.


This poor little one-winged guy was here when we bought the property. He was on a stick and his wings turned in the breeze.


We did not have any tenants in the birdhouse this year. Maybe our rent was too high. It will be moved into the storage building to keep it nice and maybe next year we will have better luck in finding a tenant.


1 comment:

Scribbler said...

These are fantastic photos. I wonder if that concrete object is some sort of tile or piece of a pipe?