Our last camping trip was special since we got to see some friends from my high school years. Jim and Pat Gallman live in Lakeland FL and were driving through our area on their way to Canada. We met them at Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia SC. They only stayed one night, so it was hard to catch up on 40+ years. I really hope to see them again soon.
The hot weather has prevented me from doing much painting lately, but I did manage to get the drawers to the dresser out of the barn. I do not have a before photo since I have not gotten the rest of it moved to the carport where I paint in the summer. It is the standard oak reproduction piece from the 50s or 60s. It is done with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and clear wax. I like to sand and distress mine before waxing so it is quite the dusty mess.
I had planned to use some black and white pulls that I found at TJMaxx, but they were too white for this paint. I ended up using some crystal knobs that I picked up at Home Goods. Unfortunately I had a pack of 4 and need 7. I hope I can match them because I have looked at Home Goods, Marshalls and TJM and cannot find any more clear ones.
The mirror had some plastic ornamentation that I had to scrape off since it was so deteriorated with age.
Now if I can get my grands over to help Rusty get the rest of the dresser from the barn, I am good to go.
I finally got this plate display shelf distressed to my liking. I bought it without measuring and it is just too long for the wall space I have. It is also done in ASCP Old White and clear wax. I have decided to sell this one.
I will be hooking up with some bloggy parties this week.












2 comments:
Half way is waaaay better than not started! It's looking good and I love the pulls. It seems that pulls are often (almost always) an issue. Something is usually missing!
Good luck on finding your drawer pulls! The finish looks good.
Post a Comment