Saturday, July 09, 2011

Saturday Estate Sale/Yard Sales

Can you imagine getting your 20 year old grandson to get up at 5:00 a.m. to go to an estate sale with you? Well, my grandson, Russ, did this morning. We left home at 5:30 and got to Columbia in about an hour. We scoped out the location of the sale then left to get Russ some breakfast. We still had an hour to kill before the doors opened at 8 a.m. We sat and talked to some of the other early birds and had a great time. And we were the first two in the door.

Our finds for the day:

Well, one find was not that great. Russ fell in love with a print of South Carolina's salt water fish. When we got it home we had some problems. While trying to take the frame apart to clean it, I broke the glass. There was water damage to the print and it was stuck to the glass. We managed to salvage sections of the print which we framed with some frames from my stash. We painted them a beautiful shade of blue that accented the fish in the print.




We also found some things for his apartment at school.

I love this enameled Coke sign and Coke trash can.



And what college boy's apartment would be complete with a drum, beer clock:



I found a few things for MawMaw too. This cute casserole dish:


A basket of rusty, crusty drawer pulls


An old birdhouse and a crockery jug:


We also found 2 really nice bar stools for the apartment at another yard sale:


Another yard yielded a new propane tank for the grill, so I call it a successful day. I have to commend the guys at Estate Liquidators of South Carolina for a very well run sale.

Partying with:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might be interested in the South Carolina Wildlife's website. They sell new fish prints.
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/magazine/shop/posters1.html

fran @ eleven-o-one said...

I Love estate sales. Great finds. I think your grandson's true motivation was just to spend some quality time with you! Sounds like you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Nice finds!

Benita

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

WOW! I want to go shopping with you. Fantastic buys! Your grandson must be proud. You got him some really cool stuff.

Dee

Robyn Story said...

Thanks so much for posting our EVERYTHING ANNIE SLOAN giveaway button on your sidebar!! We are so excited about this giveaway, we hope that all your friends and followers come on over to check it out!! Thanks again

Debbiedoos said...

You made me laugh. I see you joined my newbie party and I must have missed this post. Oh wait I know why I did, we were on the road for vaca. OK I feel better. Thanks for joining. You did great on your thrifting.