This poor vanity had languished in the barn for about 2 years and had become home to some creatures that left some nesting material and other things for me. Yuck....
I got the drawers out of the barn several weeks ago and got them painted and waxed, but had to wait for some muscle to get the big piece out for me. Thank you, Evan and Andrew.
Grossness warning!! Here is the before:
After some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White:
and some distressing...... and glass knobs.....
I worked on arranging the bedroom today, hanging photos and finding things to put on the vanity...some of the crystal pieces from my mother's curio cabinet and her vintage jewelery box. Can you see the reflection in the top of the dresser from the amazing clear wax from Annie Sloan?
The paint-by-number paintings done by Rusty's grandmother.....
The matching chest of drawers that I painted black several years ago....These two pieces were given to us by Aunt Nida when we bought her house. Shortly after that, she rented an unfurnished apartment and we let her use them. When she moved into an assisted living facility, they came back to us. At the time, I did not have room for the vanity so it went into the barn. I am so glad to have this sweet vanity back where she belongs.
I will be linking to some linky parties next week.

Also linking to Shades of Amber chalk paint Tuesday

7 comments:
This vanity obviously was meant to be returned to its accustomed place -- it looks fantastic painted white. Your bedroom is so peaceful and serene. That's the way a bedroom should be.
Very cute! I love that color on the walls too! I'm your newest follower!
the vanity looks amazing! Great job!
Beautiful. Saw your link on Miss Mustard Seed.
This is beautiful Rosie, and I love the room
So VERY beautiful!!
You did a wonderful job.
Post a Comment