Monday, April 25, 2011

Yard Sale Finds in Columbia

This weekend we camped at Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia, SC.  It is one of our favorite camping spots because it is not a long drive and there is always something to do.

We decided to look for yard sale ads in Fridays newspaper. We hit the jackpot with one about 3 miles from the park at the Farmer's Market on Clemson Rd. There were about 70 booths and it was hoppin' even with the morning's rain. Rusty scored a Gold's Gym stationary bike, a TV and a stereo system. (He is not allowed to buy any more TVs or stereos now since he buys them everywhere we go.)

I was happy with my little pile of things.

I love the lantern full of wine corks that I bought from a military family who had just returned from a tour of duty in Europe. There are corks from all over in that glass. I was hoping the 50mm lens on the Canon camera would work on my Canon Rebel Digital camera, but it did not fit.


The sweet little silver tray is going to have a home on a vintage dresser that I am going to refinish now that the cool weather is gone.



Most everything has found a place now that we are back home. The little Cheerios pitcher sits on top of the cabinets with some friends.





The blue Ball jar that I got for $. 50 has bubbles in the glass and looks very happy amongst the other jars that I already had. The blue transformer thingy that I bought just for it's gorgeous color matches the jars perfectly.

It would have been a perfect weekend, but I just did not feel great. I am having a bout of allergies and asthma. I had to stay in the camper since so many other campers had fires going, but I am not going to complain about sitting under the air conditioner. Thank goodness I had my iPad to keep me company.

I am linking  to

2 comments:

AsylumTanya said...

The photographs of the colored glass jars in front of the window are beautiful!

Scribbler said...

Daddy had quite collection of those transformer caps. You know who got all but two that were cracked. I finally put those in a yard sale. Looks like you scored some good stuff!