Sunday, April 17, 2011

Estate Sale Finds and Easter Tablescape

On Friday morning, I got up early and went to an estate sale here in our town. It was the estate of an art teacher and collector of all things beautiful. I got some really nice things but I was really bummed about one item that I missed though. There were 3 of the limited edition historic sculptures that Jim Shore did for the Chamber of Commerce some years ago. I really wanted the first one which is the Court House where we were married. I saw someone else with them when I was checking out. I asked if they bought them for resale, but unfortunately they were going to keep them.

My finds: Some nappy bowls, a covered candy dish and a vegetable bowl. These match some goblets that my mother was given in the early 1940s.





 AND THE BEST  THING: a Lazy Boy rocker/recliner in a much better color for our living. Good bye green recliner.


And these gorgeous orientals (which looked much smaller in her big ole house)



And for my table: Some napkins and placemats



A silver tray and cake stand:



Two each of these rooster plates: I as wondering about pairing these with the Blue Willow??


and two of these Matthew Rice designs for Williamsburg.


I also found a hanging plate rack and a shelf that have to be painted; and some beautiful Christmas plates which I did not photograph.

This poor flatware chest was in terrible shape, but I though that with a little cleaning it would be perfect for the flatware I just bought.




Now for my Easter table:

I decided to use my Pottery Barn rooster plates rather than a traditional Easter table.





I just love these rooster napkin rings that I found at Dilliards.





and my chicken lamp just because:


I am linking to

3 comments:

scribbler said...

Every time I come to your blog, I see that you have outdone yourself with a new header and background. It always looks so pretty!

What a haul you made at the Estate Sale! I wish I had been there. I haven't had time in ages to attend any.

Your table is very pretty too. I have used my rooster plates for breakfast on weekends a lot. Love your napkin rings, too.

Marigene said...

You found some fabulous items at that estate sale. Love your table...anything with roosters catches my eye. Those plates are great.
Happy Easter, Rosie!

Diane said...

Great treasures and deals! Your table setting is very sweet. Love, love that rooster lamp. Diane