Thursday, April 26, 2012

Laundry Soap Revisited

Almost 4 years ago I was making laundry soap. I only used borax, washing soda and Fels Naptha soap then and it was just OK. I got inspired to try again when I saw this post StoneGable Laundry Soap using more ingredients.

1~ 4lb 12 oz box of Borax
1~ 4 lb box of Arm And Hammer Baking Soda
1~ 3 lb 7 oz box of Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1~ 3lb  container Oxy Clean
4 bars Fels Naptha Soap, grated
2 containers Downy Un Stopables 

I thought I would have to order the Fels Naptha like I did when I made the laundry soap before. I was surprised to find it in the laundry section at the local Wal*Mart store along with the other ingredients all nicely grouped together.

I grated my Fels Naptha using the fine side of my grater.



I love the smell of the Purex Complete Crystals Softener in the lavender scent, so I added that instead of the Downey Un stoppables. I used one 28 oz. container but will be adding at least one more since I just washed the first load with the mix; it is clean but doesn't smell as nice as I would like.


I took my ingredients outside when pouring them because of the dust they create. I mixed them in a plastic container and transferred some to glass container with a screw top to keep on the washing machine. I used the scoop that was in the Oxy Clean container to measure my soap. That is 2 Tbl shown in the scoop.

No comments: