This is the before; not so bad on a really bright day. It was decked out in the post cards from a post card exchange.
This is after the addition of the panels:
It required 3 of the panels which are 12 x 24. They are plastic and cut with scissors. Nothing on this hutch was square and required much trimming on the panels. The hutch is a bookcase from Hobby Lobby sitting on a Pottery Barn desk.
I am very happy with the outcome. It brightens the whole corner of the room.
I will be joining:
7 comments:
The tin background is stunning! You did a fabulous job. I love the idea of sitting a bookcase on a desk.
Looking forward to seeing more of your creativity as a new follower.
Sharon @ mrs. hines class
Nice. And it really lightens up a kind of dark hutch. Good solution. Thanks for sharing, liz
So much brighter and a great solution. Love your desk. Looks like we're both working on bookcases today. Thanks for stopping by. Jane
Not tin? Looks like tin to me. But I would be tempted to tap it. Very nice.
This looks really great!
Thanks for sharing :)
Cheers
This is a great and wonderful and stupendous idea. BTW, I thought your desk was white? Did you paint it?
Beautiful project.
It is amazing how well some of the repro products are becoming. A friend added plastic leadglass windows last week and they fooled a housing inspector.
Post a Comment