Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Is it 2012 Already?

I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted on this blog. Many things have happened since my last post; the most significant being the death of my Mother on Christmas Eve.

Mother had a stroke on December 13 that left her unable to speak or swallow. Since she had adamantly made her wishes known in regards to prolonging life with a feeding tube, she was put in the care of Hospice. We took her home to my daughter's house on December 21 and she died on Christmas Eve. We took her ashes back to Alabama and buried them between my father and sister on December 27. Everything was very low key and calm as we had all said our goodbyes before she died.



Now it is January? I guess it much be since I saw the Parade of Roses and watched numerous football games. My family is dancing around since the South Carolina Gamecocks beat Nebraska yesterday. My daughter and 2 of my grandsons, along with a girlfriend, went to Orlando for the game. I can't wait for them to get home to hear about the trip.

I am awaiting the Championship Game between the Alabama Crimson Tide and LSU Tigers. I love my Tide and hope they have a great game. Roll Tide.

I have been shopping with the granddaughter; we are getting her outfits for her high school pageant. She is one of five girls representing the freshman class. Today we are off to look for a gown for the formal part of the pageant. It is so exciting and I am enjoying my time with her.

I have so many things to share and will in another post but I do want to leave you with this wonderful blog that I found. I am a list and numbers person and Marc and Angel's blog is all about numbered lists such as 40 Lessons for Finding Strength in Hard Times and 30 Things to Start Doing for Yourself. Go over and see for yourself; I'll bet you stay and read. 


Joining

2 comments:

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

That's a beautiful picture of your mother. Sorry for you loss.
Barb

Scribbler said...

I like the photo of your mother -- that was years before I knew her, obviously, and it always brings me up short to see the "young and pretty" self of someone you knew as a kid, not just as someone's "Mom."

Glad you are blogging again.