I wanted the kitchen to be open and not to have a row of cabinets around the room. The cabinet maker came over and as we talked he drew the upper cabinet plans on the sheetrock. I am happy with his ideas and the fact that the cabinets have no back and you can see the beadboard behind them.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
After Photos of the Kitchen
I drew up the plans for the kitchen. When I took the measurements, the room had been gutted down to studs. When everything was completed, I was 1/8" off on my drawings. I don't think anyone will notice.
I wanted the kitchen to be open and not to have a row of cabinets around the room. The cabinet maker came over and as we talked he drew the upper cabinet plans on the sheetrock. I am happy with his ideas and the fact that the cabinets have no back and you can see the beadboard behind them.

This is coffee pot that my Dad bought Mother when they married in 1941. It had a top section at one time, but it is long gone.
This is the first place I go in the mornings.
This wonderful little sliding shelf is one of those "as seen on TV" items. I love that it gets the top-fill coffee pot from under the counter to fill it.
I just found this piece with Kokopelli this week. I love it because it matches the wall color so well. The yellow cup is one that a friend brought me from a trip to San Francisco. I think I have decided on using that as the accent color for some kitchen linens. The shelf is one I ordered from Pottery Barn eons ago.

One of my favorite things in the kitchen is this Ikea shelf over the window that doubles as a pot rack. I put it up while Rusty was at work and he did not even notice it when he came home. How can you miss pots and pans in your face??? The three tier hanging baskets are from Sur la Table. The one on the left has my Mother's old kitchen towels in the top basket and my much loved microfiber towels in the bottom. The top basket in the one on the right has some wonderful soft towels I found at Williams-Sonoma. They are like old diapers when they have been washed. The other two baskets are for potatoes and onions.
I wanted the kitchen to be open and not to have a row of cabinets around the room. The cabinet maker came over and as we talked he drew the upper cabinet plans on the sheetrock. I am happy with his ideas and the fact that the cabinets have no back and you can see the beadboard behind them.
Labels:
Kitchen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment