Friday, June 04, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

I am so excited. I just booked a flight to Birmingham for Evan and me. I had to bribe him to go with me, but oh well.

We arrive on a Thursday and plan to go to Anniston to the cemetery where my sister and my dad are buried. Most of my grandmother's family is there too. I am working on getting the information on Ancestry.com and need the dates off the headstones.

We will spend the night somewhere between Anniston and Birmingham. On Friday, I am meeting up with Ellen, an old friend from high school who now lives in Birmingham. She is also known as The Scribbler. I hope to see another friend, Sylvia, who also lives in Birmingham. Then we are off to my cousin's home in Addison for the family reunion.

The reunion is my father's side of the famiy. Since he died when I was 6, I have not kept up with them much over the years. I am looking forward to spending Saturday at the park with them.

We fly home on Sunday evening since Evan has a golf match on Monday.

No comments: